Please read ALL of this information before emailing resume. DO NOT submit resume to the restaurant!
Applications are REQUIRED to be eligible for employment!
Please download and complete our application or pick up an application at our Administrative Office, Telstar Networks,
Completed applications should also be submitted to Telstar Networks during business hours only.
No application will be accepted at the restaurant.
Cook Job Description
– Prepares a variety of food items using recipes for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
– Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
– Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
– Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
– Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
– Knowledge and understanding of the proper cooking of eggs & egg products
– Need to know terminology used in recipes, cooking and menus.
– Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including work tables
– Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
– Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
– Completes required tasks within assigned time frames.
– Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
– Performs related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing recycling, cleaning around restaurant and help with any other projects as assigned by the kitchen manager.
– Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
-A minimum of 2-3 years of experience
– Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
– Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
– Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
– Ability to work unsupervised
– Excellent people skills and outgoing personality
– Maintain a professional appearance at all times
– Maintain a full knowledge of menus, recipes and other pertinent information
– Reliable transportation needed.
– Reports to work as scheduled
– Be available Weekends and Holidays. Restaurant hours are 7am to 2pm, 7 days a week; subject to change.
** As per New Mexico Law, you will need to obtain a Food Handler License prior or within 30 days of employment.**