Please read ALL of this information before emailing resume. DO NOT submit resume to the restaurant!
Applications are REQUIRED to be eligible for employment!
Please download and complete our application or pick up an application at our Administrative Office, Telstar Networks,
Completed applications should also be submitted to Telstar Networks during business hours only.
No application will be accepted at the restaurant.
Sous Chef Job Description
– Help in the preparation and design of all food.
– Produce high quality plates, both in design and taste.
– Help ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely manner that meets our quality standards.
– Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary.
– Maintain assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition.
– Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
– Comply with and enforce sanitation Regulations and safety standards.
– Responsible for the development and operation of their team to support one of the most critical factors in our success, food quality
– Manage our food quality standards by consistently monitoring the temperature of hot food as well as insuring that our cold food is stored according to standards
– Responsible for Food Safety
– Develop and cross train all team members.
– Identify, seize control and solve of any problematic situation.
– Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely manner that meets our quality standards.
– Assign Daily work stations, manage breaks and other day to day operations. Schedule staff according to business needs
– Enforce Core Values and improve performance
– Provide oversight to the cleaning program as written
– Insure consistent and accurate records are kept for temperature logs, Critical Control Points, RQAs
– Insure consistent application of the timed holding system
– Monitor/manage breakfast & cold entrée waste daily (day shift)
– Manage food cost related to all sub category product mix gaps
– Manage inventory rotation and product storage standards
– A minimum of 5 years of experience.
– MUST have a degree in Culinary Science or related certificate.
– Must have Food Handler’s Manager Certification or obtain it within 30 days of employment.
– Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
– Understanding all key business standards related to food, service and cleanliness
– Effectively lead the development of others, including work relationships, with emphasis on an
exceptional work environment for all employees
– Maintain a full knowledge of menus, recipes and other pertinent information
– Be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel. Develop a mutual respect among team members to insure success and excellence
– Requires moderate physical effort. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
– Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
– Reliable transportation needed.
– Reports to work as scheduled
– Be available Weekends and Holidays. Restaurant hours are 7am to 2pm, 7 days a week; subject to change.